Monday, February 23, 2009

Life past here.


"To live life with an attitude of invincibility is like driving a car with no sight. "


It is so dangerous as Christians to believe the world is sin, out of reach, and irrelevant to us. While this is the extreme side of the "seclusive church", this idea is real and seeping through the walls of church.


As this idea has been on my mind a lot lately, it was fed by several events/realizations I had this weekend. We are soon to exit our safe bubble called christian high school (or life with our families and familiar churches) and enter into college. We all have heard that it's hard, it's challenging, it is stretching. But can we really do this and be ok? Can we get there and not cave under the pressure? I'm going to be honest, I'm a little worried about compromise and rationalization taking over.


Please be there when I need you to be. I promise I'll be there for you, anytime. We can do this.

No comments: