Friday, August 28, 2009

First Impressions.


One week down here at JBU, and I have made several conclusions about my current position here. Mainly one actually.

I am overwhelmed by all that I have to learn. Yes, academically of course, but mainly when it comes to discovering who I am in relation to all things deeper than myself. My eyes being opened, and I am taken aback by how blind and deaf I am.

I look ahead, and all I can see is hurdles to jump, but it is as if I am glued to the floor. There are so many people and things here I admire, want to be like, want to learn from. There are glimpses of new all around me. New, beautiful things. Christ in this place is beautiful.

This week a reoccurring theme has been plaguing my life. I have been bombarded by letters, teachers, books, classes, sermons, and songs all telling of this theme...this lesson I cannot seem to avoid. Amazing how that happens.

In closing, I have an enormous amount of learning to do. Change must happen, new must come.

Now, let's begin...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

emily,,,
im so glad to hear of your first impressions.
im still praying for you and looking forward to learning how much God matures you this year.