Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memphis Chronicles:Two Week Mark

After two weeks here, I am really unsure about what has happened thus far. It has been a blur, and feels like I have been here for two months. Everyday I feel like I am in a different country, and not just one country, but multiple countries at once. I am learning so much about various cultures, religions and languages. My heart has been heavy to understand what my role is within all of this.                             

One major theme the Lord keeps throwing at me is the discipline of prayer. Do I pray with expectancy that the Lord is going to work in the hearts of my new Muslim friends? Do I pray with fervor for the gospel to be made known in the darkest places of the world? Do I trust John 14:13 that says, "Whatever you ask in my name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in my name, I will do it." Do I pray for that "anything"? Do I trust him?

"How would our world change if all our prayers were answered?"-anonymous

No comments: