Monday, November 3, 2008

People


People inspire me. Everyday I am blown away by a quality in someone else that impresses upon me a burden to change. To change my perspective, my outlook, even what I value.

I like watching people in airports rambling on the phone. I like seeing people react to stressful situations in the grocery store. I like seeing the what people stand up for, and give into . Sometimes I wish I could just be invisible and watch, soak in, learn. When I see someone quietly offer forgiveness, let something slide, or intentionally do the unexpected...

I can see a little bit of Christ in these people. Real Christ. Not the Sunday morning, Christian high school people, but Real Christ. The Christ that shines through when they think no one really is paying attention. It is so easy to be rude, lazy, unintentional, and apathetic. That never impresses me. But when I catch a glimpse of those who strive for the best, are intentional with their words and actions, and are focused, that is when I know Christ is here.

I know He has put those people here to point others back to Christ. I want to be that person. I desire so much to be a above this apathetic state.

Christ, will you come?

2 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

Em you are a wonderful person and i like your writing style! excited to read about your life and thoughts. welcome to the blog world! i love it!

Sarah said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I really really liked this. It's so true. People are fascinating and Jesus is here and real and just plain good. :)
-Jul

P.S. Since I don't have a blog it says I'm my sister. Don't be fooled.