Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Voice.


"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding." Job 37:5
This week I have been so overwhelmed my screaming voices and contradictory opinions. People continue to tell me what they believe and that they are right. Commercials, chapel speakers, politicians, friends, family, colleges, music, ...all these voices are mashing into my brain, leaving my gasping for air. Can we all just stop for a moment please?!?

I long for one day for God to speak to me just me. I'm flesh through and through, easily being distracted and unfocused. Can I get a moment to just allow His to be the only voice I hear, the only one I'm with, the only one I want? I need to be refreshed, renewed, overcome by His words alone. I don't even remember what he sounds like. Are we allowing His voice to thunder in marvelous ways? Or are we caving under the pressures of worthless opinions and empty comments.

Will you speak to me? I'm ready.







1 comment:

Meredith said...

Emily! You have such a beautiful heart! I love reading your thoughts. You write with such honesty and I LOVE it! Have a SPECTACULAR break, friend!