Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Longing


I am terrified.

Scared stiff, of what? Of not becoming the person I want to be. What if all this time I have spent dreaming, studying, planning, hoping, seeking, and striving for things that are unattainable or unrealistic?


This lately has been haunting me, especially in the last few days. I am weak, and easily swayed by the opinions of others. Where is my spine? I wish for once I could be strong and make decisions for myself, be who Emily is, and not concerned with what other think. I despise that in other people, but my eyes have been opened to the reality that I am too often that girl. The girl that sacrifices her dreams and goal by buying into false words. Like a child who tentatively holds onto the side of the boat, missing the views of the ocean bottom, so am I, clinging onto my insecurities, missing the wonderment of life.


I long to be patient
, willing to wait for what is good and right.

I long to be encouraging, taking my eyes off myself to speak to the hurting.

I long to be merciful
, slow to judge other and accepting like Christ accepts.

I long to be driven
, running forward to reach fulfillment in Christ.

I long to be confident
, resting in the truth that I am loved.

I long to be loved
, swept away and considered beautiful.

I long to be still
, to hear and see the wonders in life I have been blinded to due to my pride.

Can I step out of my box and become that
unshakable, daughter of the King?

Sweet rest in Him, oh just for a moment,
please. I need rest.

1 comment:

Kelsey Ann said...

Em, you are amazing. Glad i can read what is going on in your mind. Your "longings" inspire me my friend. I'm praying for you.. asking God to meet you where you are. Trust that he wants to satisfy those beautiful desires you have. love you Em.