Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Refresh me.





My heart is heavy, weighing down on my thoughts. I can't focus and I simply want to get away by myself for a while.

This was brought upon by my resent, cheesy "ocean side revelation". Yes, here it comes, life lessons from the beach. Bear with me though.


I went to the beach to go running this morning. Cool, breezy, salty mist hit my face. It was sunny and absolutely beautiful. As I looked around, I saw that the scene looked different than the night before. The sand dunes had slightly readjusted themselves during the night, and the midnight tide washed up a fresh coating of whole shells for all the old lady's to put in their wal-mart bags. The birds attacked the beaches in a frenzy, for food I suppose. The air was clean and had an light, emptying quality. New tide, new temperatures, new shapes. My conclusion came in a exausted walk back up the beach.
Morning brings new.

Yes, I know. Duh, right? But I envy the morning. I envy her ability to confidently take each new day as if it were her first. Starting over, waves endlessly pounding, never giving up no matter the setbacks of the previous day. Sun and sky, radiant in displaying their proud colors, announcing the coming of new. Every element seems to shout, "Wake up, it's a beautiful day."


Oh, to be
unfraid, ready, bold. I envy the morning.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

downright refreshin'. ;)